Special pre workshop tutorial
Wednesday June 6, 17:00 – 19:00
By Ali Madani, Managing Partner of Avicenne Medical, Founder of IMPLANTS event
Ali Madani’s tutorials feature among the most highly rated presentations by participants. Come on Wednesday afternoon and benefit from Avicenne’s latest market research based on 25 years of experience and extensive business connections with all parties (Orthopaedic companies, CMOs, Surgeons, PE funds, etc). You will hear about:
1. Orthopaedics market dynamics:
• Past and current dynamics, tight regulations making innovation harder to achieve, reimbursement trends and impact on orthopaedics
• Player’s strategies: Major players and nimble challengers. The orthopaedics paradox of size, growth and profitability
• Market forecasts: Balance of new and mature products, Critical Success Factors and high value-added products, strategic positioning of main players, Threats & Opportunities.
2. Contract Manufacturing market dynamics:
• Contract Manufacturing market: Outsourcing trend vs. inertia of in-house
• Player strategies – Is concentration a good response to the needs of major players?
• Organizing Contract Manufacturers – Do they evolve fast enough in relation to market needs?
• Critical size vs. agility and specialization vs. profitability?
• Which part of the value chain is strategic? Controlling most of the manufacturing chain or focusing on the high value-added portions?
• Will Additive Manufacturing affect forging, casting and machining? Is Additive Manufacturing a relevant strategic choice for Contract Manufacturers?
• Long term forecasts for Orthopaedic Contract Manufacturing: common features and differences with aerospace & automotive contract manufacturing, Business Model.