IMPLANTS is the world’s longest running conference on innovation, manufacturing and purchasing strategies in orthopaedic implants, instruments and biologics.
Avicenne Medical created IMPLANTS in 2005 to focus on changes in manufacturing technologies and purchasing strategies. Over the years we have succeded in:
- Attracting to Paris more than 200 decision makers, to build a unique gathering place for orthopaedic contract manufacturers and orthopaedic companies. Fostering business networking and fruitful meetings in a limited timeframe.
- Providing a content-rich event, with the latest views from Avicenne Strategic market research and a wealth of operational acumen and vision from the best of class companies, on carefully selected topics.
The 2018 IMPLANTS conference will be held in Paris on June 6-7, 2018 and will feature the following main topics:
- Supply chain and contract manufacturing: How can the collaboration between OEMs and contract manufacturers yield innovation? How is the ongoing market concentration affecting their relationships?
- How will the increasing weight of regulatory and quality issues be shared between OEM and CMO?
- Additive Manufacturing (3D printing) is now massively used by some OEMs for implants. Is Additive Manufacturing the right option for CMOs as well? Which technology / equipment supplier will be dominant?
- How is Robotic assisted and navigation changing the nature of the industry by demanding new know-how and technologies? How can CMOs adapt?
- Minimally invasive surgery was a revolution which carved a niche in the market. What is its future potential? What will be the next milestones?
- Disruptive innovations & emerging technologies in orthopaedics. Probe into the future of emerging trends such as Smart Implants & Instruments, Disposable Instruments, Biologics, bio-resorbable raw materials, Anti-infection products, Customized implants, etc.
Seize the opportunity to be in Paris, to learn from the leaders of the entire industry and interact with them during the conference, and at the closing cocktail.